Anxiety does not know schedules, and hence we may experience night anxiety when symptoms appear before going to sleep. Anxiety is a disorder that we should not underestimate and may also be closely related to insomnia.
Do you find it hard to fall asleep? Do you feel nervous about sleeping? Have you tried all the tricks including the 478 method to sleep faster? Anxiety is a bad bed partner because lack of rest or sleeping poorly has consequences for health.
Harmful Effects of Night Anxiety
The anxiety at night can produce:
- Physical exhaustion on rising.
- Wake up with nerves, and even, with headache when you awaken.
- Feeling anguish.
- Mood swings and irritability.
- Fear of going to sleep when the situation lasts for days.
- Major nightmares probability during the sleep.
Causes of Night Anxiety
- Worries cause anxiety, steal hours of sleep and are the main cause of anxiety at night.
- The concerns of the future, and even irrational or anticipate events, make us more vulnerable to stress and sleep problems.
- The difficulty off to go to sleep.
- The overwork during the day.
- The emotional problems.
Tips for Controlling Nighttime Anxiety
- Identifying the problem is the first step to act against nocturnal anxiety and, in particular, the cause that provokes it.
- If the symptoms of nocturnal anxiety do not go away, you should seek psychological help to solve the problem, especially if night anxiety and insomnia go hand in hand.
- Doing physical exercise is good for preventing anxiety, reporting physical and emotional benefits. Of course, better to do exercise in the morning to keep stress at Bay during the day and sleep better.
- Take care of the diet is essential for sleep habits, avoiding eating foods that steal your sleep.
- It is important to avoid stimulants from mid-afternoon, such as coffee or energy drinks because it alter the nervous system and interfere with rest.
- The practice of mindfulness helps to combat anxiety, stress and insomnia. Mindfulness techniques to learn how to manage emotions.
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule.
- Turn off the mobile phone and avoid using technological gadgets for at least half an hour before going to sleep.
- Create a pleasant and comfortable sleeping environment.
Anxiety attack while I sleep
The symptoms of an anxiety attack while sleeping often preceded by a picture of anxiety during the day. The night-time panic attack is usually accompanied by:
- Startled wake up
- Feeling anguish
- Choking sensation