If the vomiting lasts for more than 48 hours we will have to go to the specialist to get a diagnosis and make sure we consume enough fluids so as not to become dehydrated.
Vomiting is the emptying, usually involuntary, of the contents of the stomach through the mouth.
Constant vomiting is not a disease, but the symptom of an underlying health problem and is presented as a defense mechanism in the body. In most cases, you will not need any specific treatment and can take care of yourself at home until you feel better.
Keep reading and discover the most common causes by which you can experience constant vomiting and how to combat the problem.
1. Viral gastroenteritis
The gastroenteritis virus is one of the main reasons for the appearance of constant vomiting. It is a highly contagious intestinal infection commonly known as stomach flu.
- Stomach cramps
There is no specific treatment for gastroenteritis and, in general, you can let the infection run its course and heal itself.
A home remedy to reduce the effects of gastroenteritis is to drink mint tea. Mint contains menthol, an essential oil that gives the mint that feeling of “freshness”, it is antispasmodic and helps relieve cramps and swelling.
In addition, menthol has muscle relaxant properties that reduce vomiting.
2. Food poisoning
Another common reason for constant vomiting is food poisoning. In this case, the symptoms may vary depending on what caused it. Generally the body uses vomit as a defense measure tries to expel toxins and heal.
Poisoning occurs when you consume food or drinks contaminated with bacteria, viruses or parasites. While some cases last longer, it usually disappears in a few days.
The apple cider vinegar is an excellent remedy to relieve symptoms of food poisoning.
- Being acid by nature, it relieves the gastrointestinal lining.
- It also helps the environment in the stomach to be inhospitable for bacteria.
- This will prevent them from reproducing and speeds up recovery.
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (15 ml)
- 1 glass of warm water (200 ml)
- Mix the two ingredients and drink.
- Repeat the consumption of this remedy 2 times a day until the vomiting stops.
3. Dizziness due to movement
Do you usually experience constant vomiting when you travel? In that case you should know that your inner ear is in charge of movement and balance. This system detects movement, but requires confirmation by your eye system.
- When sight and hearing do not coincide in this information, it is common to experience nausea, vomiting and dizziness.
- If you have a tendency to get dizzy when you travel, focus your eyes on a fixed point and always look forward.
- You can supplement this by drinking chamomile tea.
4. Acid reflux
Acid reflux is the burning sensation behind the sternum that goes up to the throat. In some cases, this problem can be very painful to the degree of being mistaken for a heart attack.
In most cases, the symptoms remain in the presence of bitter taste in the mouth, belching and constant vomiting.
- To combat the vomiting caused by acid reflux you need to balance the health of your gastric system.
- Achieving this is simple if you consume enough vegetables and whole foods, ideally organic and unprocessed.
- You should also make sure that you eat enough fermented foods.
Constant vomiting is also a normal symptom of pregnancy. It usually occurs during the first three months and then disappear on their own.
Usually, it occur more frequently during the morning and decrease as the day progresses. The symptoms can be very unpleasant and interfere with your daily routine. If this is the case, try ginger tea.
- 1 glass of boiling water (200 ml)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (5 gm)
- 1 teaspoon honey (7.5 gm)
- Add the ginger and honey to the water and stir well.
- Drinking small sips.
- Take a glass of this tea twice a day.
So, do not I worry about constant vomiting?
As we said, constant vomiting is a symptom that you should not overlook. Although we have given you some natural remedies, it is always important that you go with your doctor to rule out any major problems.
If the vomiting is not relieved in 24 hours, consult with your doctor. Remember not to eat anything immediately after vomiting and drink enough fluids to avoid dehydration.
In case the problem takes more than a couple of days, you should drink an oral serum instead of natural water. You can choose a commercial one, as long as it is low in sugar, or prepare it at home.