Does toothpaste get rid of pimples?
Toothpaste is used by many people as an emergency treatment for pimples. It is used to dry out the pimples and reduce its healing time. However, you must use toothpaste with caution as it can irritate the skin.
What is Pimple?
It is a skin inflammation that is normally caused by a clogged pore. A few other causes of pimples include hormonal imbalance, sweat, and dirty skin. When the pores are blocked, the body is unable to push out impurities. These impurities result in pimples on the surface of the skin. These pimples can last anywhere from a couple of days or a few weeks depending on the severity of problem. Avoid popping the pimple as it could cause bleeding and scarring.
Does toothpaste get rid of pimples? There are several acne creams that minimize the size and redness of pimples, which results in faster cure. For those looking for simple home remedy for this problem, toothpaste is considered a good natural drying agent. If you are looking for good pimple fix, toothpaste may serve as an inexpensive and effective solution.
Thus, thanks to its great antibacterial capacity, if we apply this product on our skin we will achieve that the bacteria do not proliferate, so putting it directly into an unwanted pimple will make worse and no others will appear near it. Likewise, because of its refreshing effects and some of its components, toothpaste helps us to dry pimple effectively.
But, dermatologists say that this way of using this product can damage our skin if we exceed its use and also according to the components of the product. Therefore, we should not use this remedy for pimples very often or keep the toothpaste for too long on the skin, in addition to looking at the components.
In fact, to remove pimples with toothpaste it is better to opt for organic toothpaste to avoid pastes containing components that can irritate or damage our dermis such as tricolsan, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium fluoride or dodecyl sulfate.
To know how to remove pimples with toothpaste you will first need to gather the following materials:
- Neutral soap
- Warm water
- Organic toothpaste or without harmful components for the skin
Once you have the material you can start the treatment to remove pimples or acne with toothpaste and, thus, get a cleaner skin in a few hours. Follow the instructions below and say goodbye to pimples and blackheads:
- Clean your face with neutral soap to remove impurities
- Let the soap work for a couple of minutes and rinse your face thoroughly with warm, plenty of water
- Dry your face gently with a clean towel
- Put some toothpaste on your finger, with a bit of pasta like the size of a pea will be enough
- Apply the toothpaste directly on each of the pimples or blackheads you want to reduce or eliminate, massage gently and make sure they are well covered
- Allow the toothpaste to dry and act for at least 1 hour
- Remove it with abundant warm water and dry your face with gentle touches with a clean towel
- If while the paste dries, it stings or itches a lot, remove it quickly from your face with abundant water
- If you have sensitive or dry skin, it is better to use the more ecological toothpaste can be found or, which uses other types of remedies to eliminate pimples.
Once you have done this treatment with direct toothpaste in the pimples you will notice that these have dried enough. So, if the next day you need to go to an important event and the pimple has been reduced significantly, but has not completely disappeared, you will only have to apply a little makeup to avoid seeing any mark.
In addition to this way that we have commented on how to get rid of pimples with toothpaste, if you think you have several pimples on the face you can do a facial cleansing that not only will eliminate them, but will also serve to clean the other impurities of the skin. To do this you will need the same materials as mentioned above and follow these steps:
- Clean your face with a little warm water to remove traces of makeup
- Dilute some toothpaste in a cup with hot water and mix well until it cools
- With your fingers or with a brush to apply masks, apply the toothpaste with water on all the skin of your face, be careful not to get in contact with your eyes, if this happens wash with abundant water immediately
- Let the mixture work for about 10 minutes at the most, you will notice that it dries fast
- Remove the toothpaste with plenty of warm water and dry your face with a clean towel
- If at any time it stings, remove the mask before 10 minutes.
In this way, you will have managed to reduce the unwanted pimples and cleanse the rest of impurities from your face. Remember that this type of facial cleaning should not be done very often, therefore, we recommend that you do it once a week at the most and that you always keep your skin well hydrated.
Choosing the Right Toothpaste
You must select the right toothpaste to get rid of acne. Here are some do’s and don’ts you must follow when selecting toothpaste.
Use All-White Toothpaste
When choosing toothpaste for pimple treatment, you should select all-white toothpaste. This is because colored toothpaste may not contain the ingredients required to dry out a pimple. Some ingredients that dry out a pimple like triclosen, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide are usually found in white part of the paste. Also, colored toothpaste may contain ingredients that can irritate the skin.
Avoid using whitening Toothpaste
Some whitening toothpaste contains bleaching agents that can bleach or burn your skin, which can cause patchiness. This problem is more acute in people with darker skin tones. Their skin contains extra melanin which makes their reactive, and therefore more prone to blemishes and marks. People with fair skin tones are less likely to be affected by these ingredients. However, it is best to avoid these kinds of toothpaste regardless of your skin tone.
Gel Toothpaste May not be Effective
Most gel toothpaste may lack ingredients that can dry out the pimples. So avoid using them, as they may not do your skin any good.
Choose Toothpaste with Low Fluoride Content
Most toothpaste contains fluoride because it helps in removing plaque and prevents gum disease. However, when it is applied to the skin it may cause dermatitis. So find a paste with low fluoride content, as it will reduce the risk of skin irritation.
Use Organic Toothpaste
Using organic toothpaste is the best option when it comes to treating acne. This toothpaste doesn’t contain any hormones, bleaching agents, fluoride, or any other harmful chemical. Organic toothpaste contains several ingredients that can help in drying out pimples. Some of the ingredients that can help your skin are aloe, tea tree oil, baking soda, eucalyptus oil, and myrrh.
Even though toothpaste can help in treating acne, you must be extremely careful when selecting the paste. Selecting the wrong paste can produce brown marks that resemble a burn. At times, they may produce reddish marks that are hard to get rid of. So choose your paste carefully and get professional help if you don’t know what to use.